Saturday, March 20, 2010

Double

Sitting on a couch in a room full of people I love, I get a phone call. "Heyyyy!" The weird thing is, you're right here, not on the phone. Oh, it's simply your other self. You see, one version of you is here, with me in this state, lovely, beautiful, brunette you, and the other version is there, miles upon miles across the way, curls, blonde, crazy. Here you queries as to who is on the line, and I answer, "It's your other self." You're eyes become instantly ecstatic with excitement as you gesture desire to use the phone, to have the chance to speak to this other you far, far away. I withhold. You persevere. I drift into another world watching you and only you so closely as you look my way and smile in playful cheer. I'm taken to another place, a place of utter joy and love, love for all that is you. I see your face, your eyes, and into your soul. In this moment, there is perfect peace, silence of the mind. There is only you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simply Amazing.